A very big Thank You to the Green Dragons HK for their effort to race awareness and remind us to make an effort to keep our seas plastic free.
Bluesupply.asia has choosen EcoGreen fabric for all our Race shirts what is 100% Post-consumer PET Bottle Recycled Polyester to do our part and support the reduction of plastic waste.
We are also happy to make a small donation to Plastic Free Seas and will keep up our efforts to raise more money for their education campaigns.
About Green Dragons HK:
Green Dragons HK are driven by a single goal; to do their part in making our seas plastic free.
- A plastic Free Hong Kong Dragon Boat Community
- no single use plastic during training
- no single use plastic during festival events
- Hong Kong dragon boat paddlers lead by example and be ambassadors to a single use plastic free way of life
- Clean water for dragon boat paddlers to train and race on
They assist and enable the HK dragon boat community; all teams, paddlers, festival organisers and sponsors, to reduce the plastic pollution by:
- Eliminating the use of single use plastic during training and festival events
- Supporting dragon boat festival organisers in their effort to become single use plastic free
- Organising and taking part in awareness campaigns and clean up events
More information can be found on the Green Dragons HK Website
About Plastic Free Seas:
Their mission is to have clean beaches in Hong Kong. The way we aim to achieve this is through:
- Education and awareness in schools of our local issues in context to the global plastic pollution problem
- Corporate events to encourage participation & understanding
- Action campaigns at individual, community & government level
- Engaging in and fostering programs to better define and understand the impact of plastic in our marine environment.
More information can be found on the Plastic Free Seas Website